If you want a safe, tried-and-tested, doctor-formulated MCT Oil product, then Garden of Life Organic MCT Oil should be your choice. It is especially designed for athletes but is also friendly to those following paleo, keto, and vegan diet or anyone else looking for a brain health enhancer, a fat burner, and an energy booster.
MCT or medium-chain triglycerides are useful to the body in many ways. For one, these help burn fat by converting it into energy. MCT also increase energy as well as metabolic rate. These also give you a feeling of satiation so you do not have to feel hungry all the time. Apart from that, they help boost brain health and muscle recovery after strenuous training. With all these benefits, going for Garden of Life Organic MCT Oil is definitely an excellent decision.
Is it safe to use?
The first thing to note is that Garden of Life Organic MCT Oil was manufactured under the watchful eye of Dr. David Perlmutter, M.D., F.A.C.N. He is America’s leading brain health expert, a board-certified neurologist, #1 New York Times best-selling author, fellow of the American College of Nutrition, and expert in breakthrough human microbiome research. Given such extensive expertise behind Garden of Life Organic MCT Oil, you can be assured that this product is safe and effective to use.
It has received many certifications as well. Among them are:
- USDA Organic
- Non-GMO verified
- Certified Vegan
- Certified Gluten Free
- Pareve 269
Here are its supplement facts:
- Calories (130)
- Total Fat (14g)
- MCT Oil (Caprylic Acid, Capric Acid, Lauric Acid)
Its ingredients include:
- 100% organic coconut medium-chain triglycerides
Just with any MCT oil product, you take half a tablespoon to one tablespoon of Garden of Life Organic MCT Oil for your body to adjust to it. You can then gradually increase intake to up to three tablespoons per day.
You can mix MCT oil with practically any drink. Just make sure to steer clear from alcoholic and carbonated ones. You can also use it as a sauce or salad dressing alternative. Frying and MCT oil do not go together, however.
MCT Oil is generally safe to use. Few cases of side effects have been reported. If there are, they usually manifest as nausea, dizziness, vomiting, upset stomach, feeling of bloatedness, headache, and depleted fatty acids. If you experience any of these or any other negative reaction after ingesting Garden of Life Organic MCT Oil, it is best to discontinue use until you have consulted with your physician.
MCT Oil is discouraged in the following conditions:
- Pregnancy or lactation
- Liver problems
- Maintenance of any form of medication
- Below 18 years old
There are many benefits that you can enjoy if you opt to use Garden of LIfe Organic MCT Oil. Here are just some of them:
- It provides fast burst of energy which is very helpful for athletes.
- It does not use harsh chemicals in extracting MCT from coconuts.
- It is certified USDA organic so you can be assured that this product is from genuine organic coconuts.
- It contains 13g of MCT.
- It does not have palm oil or other filler oils.
- It is hexane-free.
- It is non-hydrogenated and comes with 0 trans fat.
- It is friendly to paleo, ketogenic, and vegan diet.
- It is gluten free, dairy free, and soy free.
- It is formulated by leading US neurologist, Dr. David Perlmutter, M.D., F.A.C.N.
Its 16oz bottle sells for $16.79 on Amazon. Its 32oz bottle, meanwhile, sells for $27.19. These prices are significantly lower as compared to the listed price on the product’s website.
Should you wish to direct your questions to Garden of Life, here are their contact details:
Parkway Suite 200
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Main Phone: 1-561-748-2477
Product Inquiries: 1-866-465-0051
Retail and Practitioners: 1-800-622-8986
Here are some positive remarks coming from satisfied customers who have used Garden of Life Organic MCT Oil. These were sourced from Amazon.
- “First of all, I did not receive a free product for my review. I’m leaving a review because I am so delighted to finally find a MCT oil that doesn’t contain harmful solvents (like hexane). This tastes good and it actually tested good for me (using kinesiology). I get no bad reaction from it at all. In fact, it lifts my mood somewhat. This MCT oil is so much better than that horrible Brain Octane and XCT oil that Bulletproof pushes. No matter how many times and ways I tried theirs it always made me sick. I finally wised up and tested theirs and it contains harmful solvents. I hope Garden of Life continues to make theirs hexane free. The only downside is this MCT oil doesn’t make good plain mayonnaise because of the slight coconut taste (unless you’re making tartar sauce for coconut prawns or something). Still a superior 5 star product though. Yaay!” – Mari
- “Love this mct oil. I make my special coffee with it every morning. It keeps me focused and full. Very satisfied and this is my 2nd bottle to buy. No taste or smell, clears my brain fog fast! Whip it in your coffee with cream and sprinkle with cinnamon. YUM!” – Deb
- “I got this for my husband who is always saying he suffers from brain fog while at work… He says he can really tell a difference. It improves his focus and clears the fog. He also likes using it before working out at the gym! It doesn’t really taste like anything so it’s easy to hide it in foods or drinks. I like to put it in hot oatmeal because it blends in pretty well. Obviously if you try to mix it into something cold and liquidy it doesn’t blend and you will have oil on the top of the beverage. You definitely want to have a little something in your stomach or it may make you feel sort of nauseous. Over all we are happy with this product and will buy more when we run out!” – Michelle
- “I use this in my coffee every morning and can tell a difference when I don’t use it. It is tasteless in my opinion, so it’s great for people who don’t like the taste of coconut.” – Barbara
- “I just LOVE this stuff. I add it to my coffee each morning and I notice an increase in energy and attention. Definitely coming back to this brand when I run out. My only issue is the bottle. I clean it off but it’s just so oily and it leaked a bit when I received it in the mail. Overall though, fantastic product!” – Lauren Belt
It has also received its fair share of criticisms. Here are some of them:
- “Very disappointed. Received oil today and the box it came in was in great shape. The bottle was bubble wrapped but when I unrolled the wrap, it was completely covered in oil, the cap broken, and the seal split. How could this happen wrapped in bubble wrap? I’d like a new,unbroken, sealed bottle please.” – Flipflopgirl
- “I’m sure it’s a great product if your digestive system can handle it. A half dose left me with major digestive upset, needing to be near the toilet for over 2 hours.” – Sam
- “Tastes like coconut! The reason we bought this was because it is not meant to taste like coconut!” – Victoria H.
- “I really dread using this MCT oil in the mornings. I have been doing a Keto diet for about 2 years now, and recently started adding MCT oil to my coffee. Overall, the MCT oil here is no different than the other one I have used (Sports Research). The blend is a little different, but I cannot tell a difference in taste, texture or performance. No, the reason I hate this product is because they designed the worst bottle ever for pouring out an oil. I cannot pour this into my coffee without having some of it drip down the side. I have to clean the bottle every time I use it, and even then it’s left an oily, greasy mess. I really hope MCT oil is good for your hands, because mine are always covered every morning when I use this. I want to say I am just really bad at pouring this out, but I never had a problem with other MCT oils, and I even had my wife try to pour it out without creating a mess. I really wanted to like this, but this product is just a mess.” – Daniel
- “Received this product with the bottle busted and leaking.” – TeeCee
Where to buy
You can take hold of this product either directly through its website or on Amazon. Below are the two link that you can try: