For better mental focus and a healthy energy booster, Now Sports MCT Oil is one product that deserves your attention. Made from natural ingredients, this gluten-free, non-GMO dietary supplement goes well for keto, vegan, and vegetarian lifestyle.
MCT or medium-chain triglycerides do a lot of good for the body. Apart from being an energy and brain booster, it also is a valuable aid in achieving a healthy diet. It supports weight management by encouraging the use of fat for energy rather than for storage. With such awesome benefits of MCT supplements, opting for Now Sports MCT Oil is definitely a smart choice.
Is it safe to use?
On the manufacturing side, you can be assured that it was produced with high standards since it is GMP-compliant. Also, Now Sports MCT Oil, just like any product of Now Sports, is a product of years of research in state-of-the-art facilities throughout the US.
Here are the supplement facts of this product:
- Calories (100)
- Total Fat (14g)
- MCT Oil (Caprylic Acid and Capric Acid)
It is NOT manufactured with yeast, wheat, gluten, soy, corn, milk, egg, fish, or shellfish ingredients. However, it is produced in a facility that processes ingredients that contain aforementioned allergens.
MCT OIl is derived from coconut or palm kernel oil. Natural color variation may also occur in this product.
If it is your first time to use Now Sports MCT Oil, it would be best to start with one tablespoon to begin with. You can then steadily increase it to three tablespoons a day.
MCT oil can be used for salad dressings and sauces. It should not be used for frying though.
Now Sports MCT Oil, just like any MCT Oil dietary supplement, is generally safe to ingest. However, there have been some side effects that have been reported but on rare occasions only. Some manifest as nausea, dizziness, headache, an upset stomach, and diarrhea. If you experience any of these symptoms or any other negative reaction after taking MCT Oil, it is best to discontinue use immediately until you gain clearance from your physician.
Use of MCT Oil is discouraged in the following conditions:
- Pregnancy and lactation
- Liver Concerns
- Maintenance of any form of medication
- Below 18 years old
There are many benefits that Now Sports MCT OIl has to offer:
- It is made from natural MCT oil found in coconut and kernel oil.
- It aids in weight loss since it gives a feeling of fullness and increases metabolic rate.
- It is also good for digestion because on one hand, it balances bacteria in the gut and on the other, it kills some kinds of bacteria and viruses that cause digestive concrns.
- It improves mood and focus by providing a steady supply of fatty acids.
- It was not manufactured with corn, dairy, gluten, soy, and egg.
- It is kosher.
- It is keto, vegan, and vegetarian friendly.
- It does not use GMO as ingredients.
- Research has shown that MCT Oil can be used as an effective dietary supplement for those with Alzheimer’s Disease and Autism.
On its website, Now Sports MCT Oil is sold at $13.99 for the 16 fl.oz. bottle while a 32 fl.oz. one costs around $24.99. You can get it also at Amazon for more or less the same price.
Here are the contact details of Now Sports:
244 Knollwood Drive
Bloomingdale, IL 60108
395 S. Glen Ellyn Road
Bloomingdale, IL 60108
575 Vista Blvd
Sparks, NV 89434
Midwest Distribution Center
1620 Central Ave.
Roselle, IL 60172
Here are some positive reviews about Now Sports MCT Oil that were posted on Amazon:
- “My Doctor and Awakening from Alzheimer’s said this is a good alternative to other oils, also Organic Coconut oil for saladsand very low heat under 300 degrees F when cooking. Both are good for smoothies. One tablespoon for each smoothie. Coconut oil needs to be warmed up or it will leave small chucks in the smoothie. One or two tablespoons in the microwave for 15 seconds will do the job. Coconut oil becomes solid at below 75 degrees F.” – Dougie F.
- “Love, Love, Love this product. We drink MCT oil daily in our shakes, coffees, and teas. We have been using NOW products for years now and love the quality and form they come in. This is a glass jar, not plastic. Large quantity for a fair price. We could buy it a bit cheaper at local brick and mortar store but not this brand. We will continue to consume this daily and continue to order this wonderful product.” – Kristian Crump
- “I add some to my coffee in the mornings with equal amounts of unsalted butter and do so about 4 times a week. Such a great fat-burning breakfast and I’ve been doing this for over a month now and have lost about 5-6 lbs so far! I love it!” – Lex
- “I have been taking this product for over 2 years. I highly recommend it.” – Iriz
- “I use it in my coffee in am and I think it helps curb my appetite, My colon health is more robust also.” – Pam Grap
This product has also received its fair share of negative reviews. Here are some of them:
- “Found out that this stuff is pretty terrible for some people, and apparently, I’m one of those people. Used it for a few days, and didn’t feel any extra energy or sharpness (though, I was already in ketosis — not sure if that makes a difference). But what I did feel was dull headaches, and a rash on my forehead. At first, I wasn’t sure what was causing it because I’ve been consuming a few different new things, but I cut out the MCT oil first, and viola: headaches gone, and rash is clearing up.” – David Z.
- “Caused nausea & severe diarrhea. I’d recommend you start with small doses and work up to the full dose. I gave the product multiple tries, but had to stop due to the side effects.” – NO de Ques
- “Worst tasting mct oil I’ve had. It tastes exactly like sunscreen. Tried adding Splenda and it tasted like sweeter sunscreen.” – DJ123
- “Didn’t do anything and it tasted gross.” – AccidentProne
- “I took for a couple months and did nothing for me.” – Richard
Where to buy
You can get Now Sports MCT OIl directly from its website or via Amazon. Here are the two links to do just that: